Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Piles and Piles!


I have officially started packing! Piles are making their way to the living room and deciding what's essential is a breeze for a girl! (Not!) Lists are being made of things to remember and laundry is being done. I leave Monday morning around 8:30AM. I'm riding up with James Bryars, we were on the same team in Brasil last summer. I am so excited and ready to be in Montgomery! A Facebook (social networking website that a lot of College students use) group has been created for this summer so some of the interns have been talking some and it's been so sweet to see everyones enthusiasm! Interns are coming this summer from Alabama, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. I was talking with Ava (an intern who is coming this summer) who got to visit over Spring Break and what she said got me really excited, as well as, left me speechless "The poor, the hungry, the needy, the abandoned, I've never seen that before like I did in Montgomery. I felt like I was back in the slums of Africa again. But yet, I was in the United States of America."

I look forward to updating you all again from Montgomery!!




3 comments:

These Three Kings said...

Wow..this has me smiling. I am thankful for you and I am excited to see how the LORD transform you and reveal himself to you in soo many way!! I am glad you are blogging. This will give you a chance to look back on Gods faithfulness when you hit those rough and rocky spots this summer. (because they ARE COMING) Continue to Trust in His character!
Nicole

Parks Avenue said...

Brittany, I look forward to seeing hwo the Lord uses this summer in your life. I will hopefully visit sometime soon, but know that God is faithful to his heart, and you are putting yourself in the very heart of God. Listen frequently, watch everything, and learn from the Lord's work so you can share His heart with others. Your in good hands of people who know its nto about them either! So walk with them! We love you at Grace and will see you soon.
Scott Parks

Ava Conley said...

Brittany! It's so funny, we are both doing the same thing right now! I wish you were here to help me, and I could come help you!! I am SUPER EXCITED about this summer!!!!!

Post a Comment